Have you ever had those days where you want to eat a healthy and filling meal, but don’t want to spend more than 15 minutes in the kitchen? And preferably use what you have lying around in the pantry?
Today I would like to share another great and cheap recipe; Pasta Pesto! I have already mentioned before that we are crazy about Italian food. This is the reason why we always have base products for Italian meals in our pantry. So for us, creating this meal means we don’t have to buy groceries.
- 300 gr Pasta (we like Spaghetti with it, but you can use anything.
- 1 jar Pesto (or make it yourself!)
- parmesan cheese
- pine nuts
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Dice the tomatoes and grate the parmesan.
- Preheat a pan and add a handful of the pine nuts. Toast the pine nuts until they have a nice browned colour. Be careful though, they burn easily, so don’t turn on the heat too high!
- Drain the water from the pasta.
- Add the pesto to the pasta. You can add in as much as you like, but I usually mix in about 2/3 of the jar. If that is not enough pesto, you can always add more. (My husbands likes a lot of pesto so he usually adds the rest of the jar onto his plate.)
- Transfer the pesto onto your plate and add the diced tomatoes, add some parmesan and sprinkle some of the nuts on the top.
- Make sure you serve it immediately because it cools down easily.
Let me know if you made this recipe! Maybe you made a variation of this recipe? Comment down below if you’d like to! I love to hear from you!