Are you passionate about a happy and healthy life? Do you want to live more meaningful and maybe even work less? Are you interested in simplifying your life so you can spend more time with your family? You are at the right address! I am on a journey to simplify my life and create a happy and healthy environment for my family in which we spend as much time together as we can, and I would love to share this with you.
I write about different topics which all come back to simplifying your life. Here are a few examples:
- How do you start decluttering? What can you do to have a more minimalistic home without having to live without furniture? I love to declutter, but there are also things in our house that are just there because I like them. Not everything has to have a purpose.
- Simplifying your meals and grocery shopping? Yes it is possible, and no you don’t need an extra three hours a day to meal prep and make everything yourself. I also love to cut back in costs, and I don’t use coupons! (Mostly because there are no coupons where I live, but I wouldn’t do it anyway..)
- Another thing I love is trying to reduce our waste and have a very low use of plastic. I have just started this journey and want to share my steps along the way. This is why I say, very low use of plastic. I just started to work on this so I can’t (or want to be, at this point) be completely plastic free.
So who is Steph?
My full name is Stephanie and I am 27 years old. I currently live in the Netherlands, but as a child I had always dreamed of emigrating to Australia (I was only about twelve years old when I told my parents I was going to live there.)
So now we are in the process of emigrating. This is also the reason why we decided to look at our finances and try to live a little simpler and more frugal. Along the way I found that I wanted a place to document our journey and help others to find their way in simple living quicker than I did. Which is the reason why you can see this website now and why I started blogging.
Anyway, next to being a dreamer and future Australian, I am also a wife to my best friend and soulmate. Together we have an amazing 1 year old son. He is so happy and full of life and really keeps me busy. I want to spend as much time with him as possible and hate it when I have to get him to daycare and go to work myself. Another reason why you are on this website. I wanted to make a little side business to be able to work less and be with him more.
In my spare time I am a crafter. I just love anything that has to do with creating. I do scrapbooking, crochet, cross stitching and anything else DIY that looks fun. So this is something that will most likely come up on the blog every once in a while in the form of a DIY or a how-to blogpost.
Saving the best for last, I am also a believer. I am a Christian and my relationship with Jesus means everything to me. There is nothing in this world more important than being on the lap of Jesus.
Before you go, I’d like to recommend your some of my favourite posts
- What does simple living mean to us?
- 7 tips to start living a more meaningful life
- 5 tips to prepare for a baby as a minimalist
I hope you enjoy this blog. I would love to hear from you! So feel free to contact me through comments and the contact form!